This setting will not impact the stability of the VPN connection itself (i.e. CloudVPN router VPN disconnects), but máy positively impact your connection to hardware behind the CloudVPN router (e.g. PLC, HMI, other) in select situations where this connection is either unstable or slow. The only way to determine whether it positively impacts your specific situation is to simply try it out.
You can set the VPN connection type to TCP or UDP. By default it's set to TCP.
- Stealth mode does not work in combination with connection type UDP.
- Connection type UDP uses a different port (1194) than TCP (443). Make sure the device (CloudVPN router, CloudVPN Agent) can use this port. More information: How does your device connect to the CloudVPN Portal?
Please follow the steps below to set up UDP as the preferred VPN-connection type:
- Go to the CloudVPN Portal Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different CloudVPN Portal app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices , and select the concerning device.
- Expand the Network options and go to [VPN].
- In the "VPN setup"-section, click on [Edit] next to the connection type.
- Switch to UDP connection and press [Confirm].
The connection type is now changed, but for this to be applied your device will need to re-establish its VPN connection.
- Switch the VPN connection off and then back on.
Configuration completeYou have now changed the VPN connection type, which may positively impact your experience. If it doesn't you can always change it back.