When your machine runs an HTTP server, you can access it without you first needing to establish a VPN connection to your device.
Add an HTTP service
The next steps show you how to set up an HTTP service.
- Open the CloudVPN Portal Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different CloudVPN Portal app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices in the left menu and select the concerning device.
- Click on the Add a serviceicon in the left menu and select [HTTP server].
- Enter the requested information (details below) and click on [Add].
|Name||Name your HTTP service for easy distinction from other services.|
|Protocol||The protocol supported by the machine's server: HTTP or HTTPS.
Communication between your computer and the device (CloudVPN router/CloudVPN Agent) will always be secure, regardless of the protocol choice.
|IP address||The IP address of your machine. Leave empty if you want to access the HTTP server of the device (CloudVPN router) or when your machine ís the device (CloudVPN Agent).|
|Port||The port number where the HTTP server can be reached. By default it's 80 (for HTTP) or 443 (for HTTPS).|
|Default landing page||If your machine has a specific page that you want to open by default, you can enter the page name here. You can find the page name in the address bar after opening it. Leave "/" if you are unsure.|
|Access Category||The access category determines who can use this HTTP service. More information about access categories and how you can create one can be found here.|
You have now made the changes in the CloudVPN Portal, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
- Click [Push config to device] in the top right corner.
All set upNow you're all set up to easily access your machine's HTTP server.
Use an HTTP service
You can use the HTTP service once the device is back online.
- Open the CloudVPN Portal Portal app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different CloudVPN Portal app.
- Go to Devices in the left menu, select the concerning device, and click on the name of your HTTP service in the remote access section.