|Latest version||Supported operating systems||Cloud Logging & Notify|
Windows 7 or higher (32-bits and 64-bits)
In this article you will be guided through the steps of connecting your Windows PC directly to the CloudVPN Portal using the CloudVPN Agent, without requiring additional hardware in the form of the CloudVPN router, allowing you to remotely access it as if you are on-site.
- CloudVPN Portal account
- PC running Windows 7 or higher with an active internet connection
Below is a listed overview of the steps.
Install the CloudVPN Agent
Contact us and request the CloudVPN Agent installer for Windows if you haven't already.
Updating existing installation?
If you're updating an installation that is already registered on the CloudVPN Portal, you'll have to back up the CloudVPN Agent configuration file, found at: C:\ProgramData\CloudVPN\CloudVPN Agent\ixagent.confPlace this file back after you've finished the installation. You can then skip the "register and activate"-parts of this article, as your CloudVPN Agent is still registered and activated.
- Run the CloudVPN Agent installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Register and activate the CloudVPN Agent
You need to know your company ID, which you can find on the same page as where you can change your company details, before you can proceed to register your CloudVPN Agent.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Go to the correct directory by executing the following command:
cd C:\Program Files\CloudVPN\CloudVPN Agent
- Register the CloudVPN Agent to the CloudVPN Portal.
(replace <your_company_ID> with your company ID)
ixagent.exe —-register <your_company_ID>
The CloudVPN Agent will now register the device to the CloudVPN Portal and will automatically set up a secure VPN connection. You now have to activate the newly registered CloudVPN Agent in the CloudVPN Portal.
- Go to the CloudVPN Portal Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different CloudVPN Portal app.
- Open the main menu and go to Devices .
You will find a yellow bar at the top of your devices list, saying "New device". This yellow bar also shows up in the CloudVPN Portal Portal app.
- Click the yellow bar, name your device as you see fit, enter the license code you received with your purchase, and click [Activate].