When you establish a VPN connection to an CloudVPN router, you'll be able to connect to your machine without needing to make any adjustments in the CloudVPN router. However, some software programs use what is called a UDP broadcast feature, which requires a setting in the CloudVPN router to work.
You can set up as many UDP broadcast relay ports as you need. The next steps show you how.
- Open the CloudVPN Portal Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different CloudVPN Portal app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices , and select the concerning device.
- Expand the Network options and go to [LAN].
- Go to "UDP broadcast relay port" in the "Advanced"-section.
- Enter the desired port number(s) (details below). If you are unsure which port number(s) to enter, please contact the developer of your software program.
|Developer||Software program||UDP broadcast port|
|Rockwell Automation||RSLinx Classic and FactoryTalk Linx||44818|
You have now made the changes in the CloudVPN Portal, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
- Click [Push config to device] in the top right corner.
Configuration completeYou have now configured the UDP broadcast relay port(s), enabling you to connect to your machine.