After doing a factory reset, or perhaps after updating a device that was running an CloudVPN Agent, the device may no longer automatically connect to the CloudVPN Portal as its settings have been reset.
If the device is still listed in the CloudVPN Portal and you want to re-use those settings, follow the steps below and then register your device again.
- Go to the CloudVPN Portal Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different CloudVPN Portal app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices , and select the concerning device.
- Go to More and enable "Recover upon next registration" to one of the following options:
- Restore - After a factory reset, registering the device again will make it come up as the same device.
- Replace - In case this device is upgraded to a new device, you can replace this device with a new device. Upon registering the new device, it will come up as this device. All settings, licenses, and data remain but require to be pushed to the new device. You have to enter the MAC address of the new device. This can be found on the CloudVPN Router's label.
- Press [Confirm changes].
Ready for registration